The history of St. Andrew-St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School is the story of two parishes, and at one time, two schools. In 1948, under the leadership of Father Otto Hermann, St. Andrew Catholic School, grades one through eight, opened with an enrollment of 123 students.
Because the Milford/Miami Township area was growing rapidly, Father Herrmann began to search for land for a second school. In 1959, under his persistent direction, a 10 classroom school was built on Buckwheat Road and named “St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School” in honor of the about-to-be canonized patron saint of parochial schools and the founder of the Sisters of Charity. In 1976, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish was officially formed.
Soon after, the question of ownership, control and usage of the Seton school building was complicated by the conditions of overcrowding in both school buildings. At this point there existed only one school system, under the control of one principal, Sr. Marie Patrice Joyce, S.C. She was charged with supervising the teaching of primary grades 1 through 5 in one building located at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, and grades 6 through 8 located in St. Andrew Parish.
In 1977, a coordinating committee was created to draft an organizational and financial agreement for the operation of the school, and to thereafter determine its operating policies. After a two-year trial study period, in 1993 the formal consolidation of both the Seton and St. Andrew Campuses became officially known as St. Andrew-St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School. Since the opening of the school system in 1948, over 55 classes have graduated from SASEAS School, and more than 3,000 students have been blessed with having faith and knowledge come together through Catholic education in this program.