1. Above all else show respect for classmates, teachers, and yourself.
2. Come to class ready to learn. There are a lot of exciting experiences in which you will be participating.
3. Have EVERYTHING you need for class EVERY DAY.
4. Know the Courtesy Code and follow it everyday. It is posted in our classroom, and you will receive a copy on the first day.
5. Read and follow all procedures and guidelines that are in the student/parent handbook.
Procedures and Guidelines
1. Be in your assigned seat and have books, notebooks, and supplies out ready to begin.
2. Follow directions the first time they are given.
3. Do your homework the first time. You are a full time student. Your first responsibility with school is to be the best student you can be, and that means do your work and prepare for tests.
Be respectful at all times, be responsible for your actions and omissions.
Student Responsibility Form:
This is for students who do not have the assigned homework
• Get a form from Mr. Laudeman.
• Fill it out – BE SPECIFIC
• Sign and date it
• Return it to Mr. Laudeman.
Missing Assignments Procedure:
-Students will come in during recess to work on assignment not finished by due date.
-If not complete: demerit is issued and the student will work on the assignment again at recess that day.
-Third and fourth late assignments will result in a demerit.
-Every late assignment after the fourth will result in a detention.
• During the course of each trimester, students will have the opportunity to accumulate as many as 500-700 points. The trimester grade will be a measure of the points a student secures.
• Tests will normally be worth 100 points while quizzes will vary from 10 to 25 points. We will have many quizzes. We will also have many formative assessments that are evaluated by both the teacher and the student to determine content mastery before formal evaluations and before we move to new content objectives.
• During the course of each trimester be prepared for at least one take home test which will substantially challenge the students. They are permitted to use any source at their disposal in order to complete. They will usually have several days to complete and return.
• At the end of each trimester there will be a cumulative test. At the end of the year there will be a cumulative test over the content covered during the year.
I will respond to emails as soon as possible. I will respond within 24 hours of receiving your email. I do not always check email on the weekend. If you do try to contact me on the weekend I may not respond until Monday. If you have not heard back from me within a 24 hour period, please email me again or call the school office.