Classroom News: September 5-8
6th Grade Social Studies
1. This week we will be completing our chapter on the study of history and geography. The test on chapter 1 is scheduled for Thursday. This may change due to our progress in class.
2. Late this week we will begin the project that was postponed from last week. This is a fun project that uses a parent interview and some basic internet research to help familiarize students with the concept of primary and secondary sources.
7th Grade Religion
1. This week is 7A's first class Mass. Please join us on Wednesday at 9 am if you are able!
2. We will be completing chapter 2 in our religion text this week. This chapter focuses on Jesus and the development of our friendship with Him.
3. We will also take some time this week to complete a short scripture study on Sunday's readings, and we will say a rosary as a whole campus on Friday in commemoration of Mary.
8th Grade Social Studies
1. This week will begin with a discussion of leadership qualities in preparation for choosing candidates for this year's political convention.
2. The students will complete chapter 2 this week; their test is scheduled for Friday.
3. The 8th graders will have a quiz Wednesday on the geography of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.