Classroom News: September 25-29
6th Grade Social Studies
1. We will be continuing our work on chapter 2 this week. This chapter focuses on early humans, including migration of early humans and the development of culture.
2. There will be a test over this chapter on Friday. The students will get the study for the test on Monday so that they can start to prepare.
7th Grade Religion
1. Last week the students were visited by Jean Frey. She is an IHM parishioner and retired teacher who spends her time visiting students and teaching them how to make rosaries while telling them the story of Fatima. We will continue to discuss Fatima this week while we explore some of the literature that Mrs. Frey left for us.
2. We will also work on chapter 4 this week. This chapter looks at the time in which Jesus lived. The students will have a test on this chapter on Friday.
8th Grade Social Studies
1. We will continue our work on chapter three this week. The students will have a test on this chapter on Tuesday.
2. We will begin to study chapter 22 the second half of the week. This chapter focuses on political parties.
3. The students will be working with their committees this week to get the ball rolling with political convention. The candidates will be finalizing their student council goals for the year and we will start to plan our classroom visits.